Have you ever been to one of those dinner-and-a-movie theaters? They are quite popular, especially since you can do everything in one place! I have only been to one of these types of theaters once in my life, and had a mixed opinion. The drink menu was definitely tempting, but we got there too late into the previews (read: Katherine's typical arrival time, haha) to place any orders. Sad days. But while I wasn't eating that night, I almost felt as if I was, because all I could smell were the "gourmet nachos" they were trying to pass off as "dinner." Nachos for $12? Come on. That is not gourmet. That is bar food. They might have been awesome, true, but something about the whole scene made me expect a slightly higher caliber menu.
Such will not be the case, however, at the forthcoming CineBistro opening just up the road in the new Town Brookhaven complex. It is going to feature seven screening rooms, a big old-Hollywood glamour theme (shown above) and both first-run and independent films. All of that plus what sounds like is going to be top-notch food along with a bar and lounge where you can gather before and after the show. Katherine is becoming very interested...
According to the fine folks behind this big opening, the CinéBistro experience will include:
- The ultimate dinner-and-a-movie night out for those guests 21 and older with proper ID
- First-run, art and independent films with first shows beginning daily at 12 p.m.
- All digital projection on 40- to 50-feet wide wall-to-wall screens
- State-of-the-art surround sound audio
- Stadium-style seating featuring ultra-luxurious, high-back leather rocking chairs and love seats with attached swivel tables, accommodating approximately 100 guests per theater
- Reserved seat selection and advanced ticket purchase (highly recommended due to demand) at www.cobbcinebistro.com or in person at the CinéBistro concierge desk
- $10 ticket pricing before 4 p.m. and $12 after 4 p.m. available seven days a week
- Full-service, in-theatre dining available to those arriving 30 minutes prior to scheduled show time
- Full bar and lounge open to guests not seeing a movie
- Four 3-D screens, closed caption and assisted audio
- An outdoor patio overlooking Town Brookhaven
All of that alone got my attention, but then hearing that main entrees range from pan-seared Atlantic salmon and habanero glazed pork tenderloin to blackened ribeye and lump blue crab cakes, and I thought, DONE! I am going to have to try this place out. It sounds a lot like what Fox Sports Grill, STATS and STRIP have done for the Atlanta "sports bar" scene, so why not try this place out, too?
Here are the details: CinéBistro at Town Brookhaven opens September 23 and is located at 1004 Town Blvd., Suite 1070, Atlanta, Ga. 30319. It will be open seven days a week. Parking is available throughout the property as well as at an adjacent lot specific for CinéBistro guests.
For more information, visit www.cobbcinebistro.com or call 404.333.0740.
So, friends, will you be checking this out for your next date night or girls night on the town?
Disclosure: I received info about this theater from the CineBistro team, but did not receive compensation in exchange for this post.