Given that I do have so many men out there clicking through to see what Buckhead Betty is up to, I thought I might provide some content that is especially for them. Consider this fair warning -- there will be no talk of cosmetics or shoes or hairstyles in this post. This will be 100% male-dominated.
You men are probably thinking "Thank goodness! Finally!" Sorry it took me so long to get around to content just for you! :)
As part of some pre-blogging research and doing my due-diligence, I checked in with some of my favorite men around town to get some dirt. I asked questions, made notes and wanted to share my findings with the rest of you today. So, without further ado, I give you...
"The All-Atlanta Post By the Men, For the Men." Part I
|Koo Koo Room image source|
Right off the bat, my first "question" supplied me with all sorts of great ideas. Here are the most popular results and their thoughts for favorite guys-only hangouts around town, and particularly in the Buckhead area:
- Hudson Grille
- Taco Mac
- Koo Koo Room - located under Flip Flops, this one's a hidden gem [apparently they have a particularly hot bartender?]
- Tavern 99
- The Ivy - despite "fire-hazard levels of crowded"
- Park Tavern - definitely when it rains (they pour!) and for sunny days on their patio
- Tin Lizzy's
- Churchill's - especially for the darts and billiards!
The Five Spot (in Little Five Points) - Local bands play here a lot, shows to which I have been a few times. Usually good if you're like, "I'd like to see a band for as cheap as possible, and drink for as cheap as possible, then maybe hang out and talk music with the band afterwards." That is a very specific example. Generalize that idea at will. [C, no generalizing here! That's a perfect example.]
Ri Ra - You know the drill on Ri Ra. Touts itself as an Irish bar. There is an Irish guy who plays on some nights aside from Friday/Saturday, and he is very good. It's a lot more laid back. The McSorely's on tap and the various scotches/Irish Whiskeys make this a slam dunk. On Friday/Saturday, if you're in love with listening to covers of Dexy's Midnight Runners and Bryan Adams, then you are in luck.
|Taps at your table at STATS. Image source here.|
Question #2: Best Spot for Drinks
I figured I'd ask specifically about great spots for drinks, since, well, you know, guys might be looking for things beyond beer and liquor on a "guys' night out" :) Not surprisingly, a handful of options rose to the top of the stack out of all the guys I asked...
- Prohibition is a ranking top fav if you like your drinks fancy and stiff [My post about this place is literally one of my top-referring posts on Google, ever. It ranks #7 in Google results, which is hilarious because I didn't even give away the exclusive password/phone number. Which I totally have, by the way. Only if you are nice.]
- East Andrews, especially the back bar (ask for Danny)
- Whiskey Park in the W Midtown Hotel
- Twain's - great drinks plus jazz music and billiards
- Dark Horse
- Brickstore Pub
|Image source here.|
Other men out there - which bars and restaurants are missing from this list?
That's not all - I have more to come in Part II! Many, many thanks to the men who gave input on this mini-series. You all are oh so fab :) XOXO