Being out and about a lot means that usually one of us is driving so that the others in the group can enjoy that adult beverage or two, though :) For those days or nights where we all want to relax, Uber is our go-to stand-by. I have posted about Uber here before. But now we also have uberX here in Atlanta, the ridesharing version of their standard black car service. uberX is Uber's most affordable product. They have a big focus on rider safety and as a result, it's become their most popular platform in California, Seattle, Chicago and Boston.
To kick off their Atlanta service, Uber has been giving everyone in Atlanta free uberX rides all this week! To grab the ride, tap the uberX button on your Uber app and the free ride applies automatically. To top it off, local businesses all around town are offering up bonus discounts when you show your receipt. El Taco, Murphy's, Park Tavern, Tap and Andrews Upstairs are just a few of the spots participating. Since you can get up to four free uberX rides during this promotion, that means you can take a free ride TO the restaurant/bar, use the receipt while there to get some bonus swag, and then take another free ride home FROM the restaurant/bar. Clutch!
The promotion ends tonight, though, so cash in on it if you are headed out for your own Thirsty Thursday somewhere! If you’re not signed up, download the app or register here https://www.uber.com/go/ATLLOVESuberX. Check out the full details on their blog post and here are a few quick caveats:
- Your free rides will automatically apply, just request an uberX.
- Rides are NOT valid on UberBLACK and UberSUV.
- Free rides only valid from 8am 9.30.13 through 11:59pm 10.3.13.
- Share this great promotion with your friends with #ATLLOVESuberX
- Be on the lookout for #ATLLOVESuberX signage at participating partner locations.
- While enjoying the freebies, snap photos and share with #ATLLOVESuberX for a chance to win some awesome giveaways.
Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation for this blog post. I am just an uber Uber user and want to spread the love!